Escambia County Board of County Commissioners Meeting
From the Escambia County Website:
Board of County Commissioners
The county is governed by the Escambia Board of County Commissioners. Escambia County is divided into five districts with one county commissioner elected from each district to serve a four-year term as the legislative and policy-setting body of Escambia County as established under Section 125 of the Florida Statutes. Commissioners are chosen in partisan elections by voters from the districts in which they live. The board duties include, but are not limited to:
- Adopting, reviewing, and adjusting the annual county budget and authorizing expenditures.
- Setting and authorizing the levy and collection of county-wide property taxes. This does not include school board, water and municipal millage rates.
- Establishing policies and procedures for county departments to meet county goals.
- Appointing the county administrator, county attorney, and county representatives to other governmental boards or committees.
- Adopting and ratifying ordinances and resolutions as needed for the enforcement of county-wide actions.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of county services and programs as performed by the departments under the board of county commissioners.
- Representing the county on a local, regional, state and federal level.
Other duties and responsibilities that may be enacted by the federal government, state legislature and governor.
Your county commissioners are:
- Commissioner Jeff Bergosh, District 1
- Commissioner Doug Underhill, District 2
- Commissioner Lumon May, District 3 (Chairman)
- Commissioner Robert Bender, District 4
- Commissioner Steven Barry, District 5 (Vice Chairman)
The commission generally meets in regular session to vote on agenda items beginning at 9 a.m. on first Thursday and 5:30 p.m. on the third Thursday of each month. A public forum is held prior to these meetings at 8:30 a.m. or 4:30 p.m., where the public is invited to attend and speak on the topic of their choice for three minutes. Discussions take place during the Committee of the Whole meetings at 9 a.m. on the second Thursday of each month.
All meetings are held in the board chambers at the Escambia County Governmental Complex, located at 221 Palafox Place. Additional meetings, special meetings, and workshops are advertised and open to the public.
Want to Watch?
All Commission meetings can be viewed live on MyEscambia.com/ectv, channels 4/1004 on Cox, channel 98 for Spectrum and Mediacom (Pensacola Beach) subscribers and channel 99 for AT&T U-verse subscribers. Watch anytime at ECTV On Demand.
For a complete schedule and information regarding all county meetings, please view the calendar.
Date and Time
Thursday Feb 2, 2023
4:30 PM - 9:00 PM CST
First Thursday of the month:
- Public Forum: 4:30 PM
- Regular Meeting: 5:30 PM
Third Thursday of the month:
- Public Forum: 8:30 AM
- Regular Meeting: 9:00 AM
Escambia County Governmental Complex
221 Palafox Place. Pensacola, FL 32502